Problems with sound quality in Firestick are typically brought on by incorrect setups in the device, which might involve the Audio settings as well as outdated Firmware. The fact that there are two sound channels in play is likely the cause of the firestick sound problems. One of the channels comes from Firestick, which is connected to the internet and is downloading music. After that, it is broadcasting this channel on the TV channel in order to generate output from that location.
It is guaranteed that there will be issues with the sound if even one of these channels is out of sync. This includes a sound that stutters, audio that is lost, audio that is delayed, audio that is fully muted, and even a sound that is distorted.
What Causes the Firestick to Make No Sound and How Can It Be Fixed?
Problems with the sound could be caused by a momentary malfunction of the devices, which could include both the Firestick and the TV. In this scenario, merely power cycling both devices will clear any temporary configurations stored on them, which may allow the sound to function normally once more.
- Turn off all of your electronic gadgets (Firestick, TV, etc.), and then unhook their power lines from the wall outlet where they are powered.
- After this minute has passed, you can reconnect the various devices.
- After that, turn the devices back on and see whether the problem with the Firestick not producing sound has been fixed.
- If it does not resolve the issue, try connecting the Firestick device to the TV’s USB port and seeing if that helps. If the problem persists, you may need to replace the TV.
Firestick Firmware Should Be Updated
Firestick Firmware Should Be Updated to the Latest Version Built-in software, known as the firmware, is the primary motivating factor behind gadgets like Firestick. This firmware receives regular updates to enhance its functionality, broaden its compatibility with a variety of TV models, and address any issues that it may have. We’ve heard from a significant number of users that updating the device’s firmware provided immediate relief from their issue. You could give the following procedures a shot:
- To access My Fire TV, navigate to the Settings menu on the Home screen of your Firestick.
- Now open the About tab, and select either Install Update or Check for Updates.
- In the event that an update is available, you can force the device to restart itself and install the update by pressing the Select button on its remote.
- After the update has been applied, check to see if the sound problem with the Firestick has been fixed.
You Can Change the Sound Settings on Your Firestick.
- It is possible that your Firestick will not emit audio if its audio settings are not properly configured for your configuration. If this is the case, the issue can be remedied by modifying the appropriate audio settings on your Firestick.
- Launch the Settings app on your Fire TV Stick by tapping the Home button, then select Display and Sounds (you may have to scroll a bit to find the option).
- Now, enter the Audio menu and choose the Stereo option rather than the Surround one.
- After that, check to see if the sound problem with the Firestick has been fixed.
- If the problem is still occurring, you should check to see if modifying the audio settings of the Firestick in any one of the following ways helps fix the sound problem. These are the configurations that, for a number of people, finally resolved the issue.
You need to restore the Firestick to its factory settings.
- You can proceed with resetting your Firestick to its factory settings if nothing else works and you have verified that the sound on your television is functioning properly. There is a possibility that some of the Firestick’s internal modules will become corrupted in some way or will be missing vital files at some point. In this scenario, everything will be restored to its previous state.
- Note: Please be aware that it is possible that some of your internal preferences will be lost, and you will need to re-configure them. Have your username and password ready when you log in.
- On the Home screen of the device, open the Settings menu for the Firestick, and then pick My Fire TV.
- Now access the menu labelled “Reset to Factory Defaults,” and select the “Reset” button to begin the process of resetting the device.
- After the process of resetting the device is finished, the Firestick device should be set up as if it were a new one, and then check to see if the problem with the sound has been fixed.
- Since at this point you have determined that the issues arise from your Firestick and not your TV, you may consider getting the Firestick replaced if it is still covered under its guarantee if the problem continues to occur.