How To Fix Snapchat Not Loading Snaps: Though some users complained about Snapchat not loading snaps, Snapchat is one of the most popular social networking apps among millennials. It is also one of the best apps for sharing photos and videos.
Snaps and stories disappear as soon as the recipient opens them. Originally Snapchat only implemented this feature, but later, other apps have also adopted it. Despite this, Snapchat is still popular since it offers several other features that make the app unique and easy to use.
Snapchat users claim that when they use the Snapchat camera, they see only a black screen and get no error message no matter how long they leave the video to load. They have also reported their snaps showing a grey preview.
Fixes for Snapchat not loading Snaps:
This issue affects all mobile platforms, including Apple iOS, Google Android, and Microsoft mobile phones. Here are the solutions that can be implemented to resolve the issue.
1. Restart the mobile phone
If the application on your phone does not load correctly, and if it is a minor error, make sure to restart your phone to resolve the problem. Here are the instructions to complete a reboot of your phone depending on the platform on which it works.
- Then, users’ Android phones will reboot after pressing the power button and volume down button together. Follow the instructions and restart your phone.
- Apple users need to hold down the volume-down button while pressing the power button to watch the Apple logo.
2. Clear Snapchat Cache
From the moment you download and start using the Snapchat application, you download many types of data and media files to your phone. If this data or media files are not properly downloaded, then the application won’t function properly and may not allow loading the Snaps.
Therefore, it is recommended that you regularly clear the cache of the apps you have downloaded on your phone, which is possible in Android platform smartphones. Here is how you can clear the cache.
- To clear the cache on an Android device, tap the “Clear Cache” option under Settings >> Applications >> Snapchat.
- You can also clear the application cache by opening Snapchat >> Settings >> Clear cache.
3. Steps To Clear Cache Files
4. Clear the App Conversation
Try deleting any conversation that contains a snapshot or a story from a particular user if you cannot load it.
In Snapchat, under Settings, you can find a “Clear Conversation” option. Click on this option and then choose the person whose conversation you wish to remove. This option will also remove all the snaps that were sent and received during the conversation.
5. Check Network Connection and Snapchat Server
The error could have also been caused due to faulty WiFi or a faulty mobile network so if you are experiencing the issue switch to a mobile connection. Another option is to change the DNS settings. This trick has helped some users, below are the steps mentioned to change the DNS settings.
- Go to WiFi Settings >> Modify Network>> Advanced Settings >> Change IP setting to Static
- Now change the first and second DNS addresses to 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199, respectively, which is Google DNS.
6. Check the permission enabled for the app
This might be the case if the network connection is strong and working properly for other apps, but Snapchat doesn’t have the permissions it needs to function. The permissions include the storage, location, and others. There is a simple way to check these permissions:
- Snapchat settings >> Permission >> Enable the missing permission.
7. Reinstall the App or Update the App
A snap may also not load if you are not using the latest version of the Snapchat app.
- Look for the Snapchat app in the Google Play Store or Apple Store, whichever works best for your mobile phone.
- Check the app’s store page to see if it’s been updated yet.
- Try to reload the snap or the story once you have updated Snapchat. It should typically work.
8. Re-Add the Friend
Similar to the solution mentioned above of re-adding the friend, it will remove all the snaps sent and received with that friend. Below is the method for removing the affected friend.
- Remove the friend from the Friends list by tapping Snapchat in your Profile. Then you can add him or her back.
All of the solutions mentioned above are popular methods for solving the “Snapchat not loading Snaps” issue.