4 Ways to Move Contacts and All Data from Android to iPhone: This smartphone tip is related to how to move contacts from Android to iPhone. Not only contact numbers, but also all data from Android smartphones to iPhones.
For those of you Android phone users who want to migrate to iOS or iPhone, you don’t need to worry about the entire contact list on your Android phone. Because everything can be moved easily to the iPhone.
There are at least 4 (four) ways to move contacts from Android to iPhone. Namely as follows.
4 Ways to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone
1. How to Move Contacts from Android to iPhone via the Move to iOS Application
The first way to move the contact list and all data on an Android phone to iOS is to use the help of the Move to iOS application.
This application is one of the recommended applications for moving all data and contacts from Android phones to the iPhone. Because the Move to iOS application itself is an application made by Apple itself. To facilitate Android users who want to move to the iOS platform.
As for how to use Move to iOS to transfer all data and contacts on an Android phone to an iPhone, are as follows:
Install the Move to the iOS application on an Android phone
- In the first step, please download and install the Move to the iOS application on your Android phone first.
- Please use the application download link Move to iOS via Play Store.
Open the application then Continue
- After that, please open the Move to the iOS application, then select the button Continue.
- And agree on all Terms and Condition submitted with the click of a button Agree.
Agree on a number of permissions
- If the application asks to access various data on your Android phone, please select Allow or Agree.
- Remember that the application needs to access the data that you want to transfer to your new iPhone, such as contact lists, SMS, calendar, and other files and data.
Open the iPhone
- Open your iPhone, then go to the iPhone setup. Then select an option Move Data from Android.
- If not, please log in Apps & data, then select Move Data from Android.
- Then you will get a code in the form of 6 digits numeric code, which will be used for the next step.
Enter the numeric code into the Move to iOS app
- Back on the Android phone and the Move to the iOS application, please fill in the code you got earlier into the Move to iOS application.
- Please tap the button Next in the upper-right corner of your Android cellphone screen.
Select check the option Contacts or other data that you want to move to iPhone
- Select or tick any data you want to transfer to iPhone.
- If you want to move all data, starting from Contacts, Camera Roll, Messages, Google Account, Bookmarks, and others, please tick all of them.
- Then tap the button Next to continue to the next step.
- Wait a few moments until the data transfer process from Android to iPhone is complete.
- Then tap the button Done.
The time it takes to move data from Android to iOS depends on the size and number of files being transferred.
As for how to move contacts from an Android cellphone to an iPhone in the above method, it will connect the two devices using a private Wi-Fi network for the data transfer process.
This means that this method does not require an internet connection. Except when installing applications that are moved from Android to iOS, you must activate the internet. Because on iOS the applications that are being moved need internet access to download them from the App Store.
2. Move Contacts from Android to iPhone via Google Sync
The way to move contacts from Android to the next iPhone is to use Google account sync. Not only the contact list but also various other data can also be transferred in this way.
This method uses Google Sync. Assuming that you have to use the same Google (Gmail) account, which was previously used on an Android smartphone, and then it must also be used on an iPhone.
To do this method does not require special applications or other third-party applications. Here are the steps for moving contacts from Android to iPhone via Google Sync:
- The first step, please open the settings menu on your Android phone
- Then select the menu Google.
Select the Account Services option, then Contacts Sync
- Next, please select Account Services (Account service).
- Then choose Contacts Sync (Google Contacts Sync).
Enable Automatically sync Google contacts and Backup & Sync device contacts
- The sync status is Automatically synced Google contacts.
- If not, please tap Manage settings, then tap the toggle Automatic synchronization.
- Make sure to also enable the option Backup & Sync device contacts (Synchronize device contacts).
- If not, please tap Manage settings, then tap the toggle Backup & Sync device contacts (Back up & sync device contacts).
- Then select the Google (Gmail) account which will later be used on iPhone cellphones.The next step is to open the menu Settings or Settings on the iPhone.
- Choose an option Password & Accounts. Or Settings > Contacts > Accounts > Add Account > select Google.
- Then log in using the Google (Gmail) account username and password which was used for backup and synchronization in the previous step.
Activate various services/data on a new account
- Select the account that was just added, then select the data you want to backup.
- For example contacts, email, calendar, notes, and so on.
Well, just wait a few moments, then all contacts on the Android phone will move to the iPhone automatically. The synchronization process requires an internet connection to run smoothly.
It’s just that this method cannot be used to move other data files, kinds of photos, videos, documents, and others.
For the record, how to move data from Android to iPhone with Google Sync can only be used to move contacts, notes, or calendar events that you created on your Android phone, email, and notes.
3. How to transfer data from Android to iOS using the AnyTrans application
Apart from using the Move to the iOS application, you can also use other applications to move all data from your Android phone to iOS or iPhone.
One application that can be recommended to do this is an application called AnyTrans.
The steps are as follows:
- Please install the AnyTrans application first on your PC / laptop (Windows or macOS).
- After the install is complete, open the application and select the icon iOS Mover.
- Connect your Android phone and iPhone to a laptop or MacBook using USB.
- Then activate USB Debugging mode on each cellphone.
- Wait until the data scanning process on Android is complete, then tap on the shortcut that appears on the Android phone.
- Now after connecting, go back to the AnyTrans application. You just have to choose where you want to move the data. Either to iCloud, iPhone directly, or to iTunes.
- Actually you can also move data from Android to iOS manually according to category. You just have to select data manually according to the data type. Starting from music, videos, photos, contacts, friendship, calendars, documents, and more.
- Just waiting for the transfer process to complete.
4. How to Move Contacts from Android to iPhone via VCF File
How to move contacts from Android to iPhone can also be done in other ways. Namely by using the VCF file feature.
In this case, you need to convert the contacts on your Android phone into a VCF file format, so that they can be sent to other phones, including iPhone or iOS.
Follow the steps on how to move contacts from Android to iPhone with the following VCF File.
- In the first step, please open the menu Contact or Telephone on your Android phone.
- Select tab Contacts (Contact).
- Tap the icon point three in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Choose an option Import / Export contacts.
Select Export to Storage
- Then save the VCF file to storage.
- The trick, please select Export to Storage (Export to storage).
- Then choose OK.
- Make sure you know where the file is stored.
- Find the file earlier, then send it to the iPhone using email.
- You can also use other possible ways, for example using Google Drive, if on your iPhone you want to use Google Drive.
- Once sent, please download and open the file on your iPhone.
- If an option appears to save the contact list, please select OK.
- Wait a few moments until the process is complete.
The final word
You can easily move contacts and even entire files from Android to iPhone. Despite the fact that the two smartphone devices used have different operating systems.
However, as long as the data transferred is completely free (both on Android and iOS) or there is no copyright element (such as songs and others), then it is certain that the data or file will be transferred to the iOS device without any significant problems.
If you are really a beginner iOS or iPhone user, it is advisable to use the method of moving data from Android to iPhone using the Move to iOS application. Because in this way you can move various data and files. Among them contact, applications previously installed on Android phones, calendars, notes, and others.
Thus the review about how to move contacts and all data from Android to iPhone. Hope it helps, good luck and good luck!